Guarana Quality Features
AMAZONAS Guarana is unique
- Our Guarana comes from little groups of farmers from north Brazil, especially from the Amazon area and the state of Para, where the best Guarana grows. Most Guarana shrubs grow in the wild. New shrubs are planted in harmony with nature without having to clear forests.
- Our Guarana powder is not irradiated to prevent it going moldy but gently dried in the sun and then laid out on tarp in sheltered huts to dry out further.
- This unique effect is due to the natural caffeine in Guarana, which is on its plant fibres, tannins and dietary fibres which are contained in the Guarana core. This complex is a kind of storage area for the caffeine which is gently given off to the body over many hours.
- The natural caffeine content of the original Guarana from the Amazon area is approx 4 %.
- Thanks to proven and gentle sun drying as well as a professional further processing, our Guarana does not exhibit any aflatoxins (mold), the PAK4 levels are well under the threshold for NEM (PAK arise for example when smoke is generated due to unprofessional use).
Guarana and coffee – Comparison of caffeine content:
Duration of effect / Stimulation/effect
Coffee (1 cup), 1- 3 hours works quickly, decreases quickly
Guarana (1 portion), 6 – 8 hours works over a longer time, increases slowly